Speaker Announcements for 2017 Annual Conference
Hinckley Island Hotel, Leicestershire, 4-6 August 2017
The flagship event of the UK S&C calendar – the UKSCA’s 2017 annual conference will be held on 4-6 August 2017 at the Hinckley Island Hotel, Leicestershire.
As well as the fantastic networking opportunities, delegates will hear from leading experts in the theory and application of S&C. We are delighted to confirm the addition of several new speakers to the line-up as follows...
- Jeremy M Sheppard PhD, Director of Performance Services, Canadian Sport Institute
- Mike McGuigan PhD, Professor of Strength and Conditioning, Auckland University of Technology
- Jay Dawes PhD, Assistant Professor of Strength and Conditioning, University of Colorado
- Daniel Lewindon, Head of High Performance Science & Medicine, LTA
- William Kraemer PhD, FNSCA, FACSM, FISSN; Professor of Kinesiology, Ohio State University, USA
- Loren Landow, Biomechanics specialist from the US NFL
- Matt Little ASCC, S&C Coach to Andy Murray
- Des Ryan ASCC, Head of sports medicine & athletic development, Arsenal FC Academy
- Dr Jonathan Folland, Reader in human performance and neuromuscular physiology, Loughborough University
New “Strong Foundations” column
UKSCA members are invited to submit articles for the “Strong Foundations” column in the Professional Strength & Conditioning Journal. The column aims to publish articles that illustrate aspects of the training or coaching philosophies of experienced coaches, and in particular showing how these philosophies guide practice. If you have an idea for an article, please feel free to contact the column editor, Dr Dan Cleather, to discuss.
UKSCA is recruiting! If you are interested in becoming a UKSCA tutor please see the application form in the Jobs section.Find out more...
New Grant Scheme Launched! Grant applications are now open for clubs looking to support the development of their early years coaches.Find out more...
Medicine Ball Masterclass - earn seven CPD points by attending this fantastic seminar with Team GB throws coach David ParkerBook now!
New article by Richard Husseiny ASCC on his experiences working with elite athletes in China, and with the GB Park & Pipe teamRead now...
NEW VIDEO! In this hugely popular practical session recorded at the 2013 UKSCA Conference, Dewey Nielsen demonstrates the importance of ground-based movement skills.Watch now...
Video: An in-depth look at physical preparation of a professional rugby team with Stuart Yule of Glasgow WarriorsWatch now...
Inspiring interviews with Rory McIlroy's S&C coach Dr Stephen McGregor ASCC and GB Paralympic coaches Nik Diaper and Luke Sweet ASCCRead now...
Book review - Endurance Training - Science and Practice, Ed. Iñigo MujikaRead the review...
S&C Lead Coach
Leeds Beckett Uni
PhD Studentship S&C
Ipswich Town FC
Academy S&C Coach